I am about to begin posting a special project in sixteen segments. By way of introduction, this is how it came about:
It would appear from this blog site that most of what we do in the Great Kentucky Louisville Mission involves meetings of one kind or another, or at least, that is what the majority of pictures would indicate. That is because my camera is primarily engaged when we get together at Transfers, District Meetings and Zone Conferences and Trainings. But these gatherings are only a small part of what goes on in the normal course of events and the daily activities of the missionaries. I decided to organize a project showing a sampling of those other things. besides meetings. that occupy a typical missionary day in the GKLM.
I asked each companionship to take three to five photos at different times and in different activities on July 26th. They were to send them to me via e-mail the next P-Day, July 30th. Most did so, but as you can tell by the fact that it is now September 1st, some had to be reminded, repeatedly, and "encouraged." Even now, there are two companionships that have not provided pictures, but I must move forward without them. The intent was to get this project posted before Transfers, while all the companionships were still intact, but obviously it didn't happen, so some people have moved on to other areas and companinos or have gone home. Also, my apologies to the parents and families of the new missionaries since they will not be included.
I hope the posts will bring a little insight into what our missionaries do each day. Naturally, some things were easier to put on film than others, and none had professional equipment or others to take the shots; Thank goodness most point-and-shoot cameras have timers. After posting on the blog I plan to put the project into a DVD slide show format with music to be distributed to each of the participants.
There are sixteen segments and starting September 2nd, I will publish two per day. To see the entire project in sequence you will need to go in reverse order from that date.
I hope you enjoy seeing a glimpse of the most amazing, wonderful Elders and Sisters on the planet, doing what they do best, being amazing and wonderful missionaries!
(And if I ever get the photos from the two straggler companionships, I will add them...)
Hi! I am Elder Crooks older sister and I just have to say that I have LOVED reading this whole series! It has been very cool to see into the lives of the missionaries their and especially to see my brother at work :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for all your postings here!
Kendra